Wednesday 15 November 2017

Corn Pani Puri Shots

It's been a crazy second half of the year!! Back to blog finally, as the year starts to wind up and the fun season is almost upon us. 

As always, my theory of keeping food fun and creative whilst spending minimal time in the kitchen, makes me try a few different alternatives of the same traditional dishes which we all know and love. With the warm weather approaching, I recently tried a twist on the good old Pani Puri...and it was delicious if I say so myself! Light, crispy, cool and tangy all at the same time, without the heavy spice and potato fillings generally found in Pani Puri.

Here it is, my twist on the simple Indian street food favourite...CORN PANI PURI SHOTS.

Ingredients: Puris (fresh store brought), fresh mint, fresh coriander, chilli powder, chaat masala powder, steamed/cooked corn kernels, sev.

Make: To make the "pani" or water mixture, grind the mint and coriander with some water into a fine juice (I use similar to a Nutribullet/juicer). Add the chilli powder and chaat masala powder - your pani is ready to pour into shot glasses. Get Puri and gently poke open the top, stuff each with steamed corn kernels, sev (and anything else you want to add). Place on top the shot glass and serve :)

A yummy, light and refreshing chaat snack to enjoy on the warmer days! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment